Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Playoff Contest '07
THE PLAYOFF CONTEST IS BACK! We now have the eight playoff teams set, and it is time to test your knowledge of those teams. And hey, itís been a long regular season, so itís time to have some fun! Here are the contest rules, for those of you who havenít participated in the past. It is very similar point-wise to a fantasy baseball team, but we will be keeping track of total points right through the final game of the World Series. Rules:
1. Teams may be submitted right up until the first pitch of the first playoff game on Wednesday (October 3rd).
2. You may only submit one team.
3. A team will consist of a C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, DH/EX (any hitter), five starting pitchers and a reliever.
4. Your team can only have three (3) players from any one big league team.
5. Points will be kept for:
a. Single (1 pt), Double (2 pts), Triple (3 pts), home run (4 points), Run (1 pt), RBI (1 pt), Stolen Base (1 pt).
b. IP (1 pt Ė Note Ė 0.1 IP = 1/3 pt), strikeout (1 pt), Win (5 pts), ER (-1 pts), BB (-1 pts), Loss (-2 pts), Save (4 pts), Blown Save (-2 pts).
6. I will try to post updates every couple of days on a secondary website, so be sure to bookmark that link. If you see any errors in scoring, please report them to me right away.
7. Please tell me what name I can use on the website to represent you (full name, first name-last initial, first name from X, etc).
8. Prizes to be determined. I need to see if I have any more t-shirts, otherwise I will find other suitable prizes.
9. To submit your team, simply e-mail me and give me your roster. I will acknowledge the e-mail to let you know that it was received.
10. Have fun and enjoy some October and November baseball!
Back to Archives Home