Friday, March 21, 2008
Just got word that the Twins have outrighted Garrett Jones to Rochester which means a few things:
1. Jones will not be on the Twins opening day roster.
2. The Twins put him on waivers and none of the other 29 teams claimed him.
3. The Rochester roster gets even more confusing.
4. The Twins will likely start the year with Brian Buscher or Matt Tolbert instead.
UPDATE After posting this, I see that LaVelle posted it a couple of hours ago. Like Mr. Neal, I have to wonder what that Rochester playing time situation will be. He also said that the following players were also sent down:
· Randy Keisler a veteran lefty who can start or relieve. Hes worth keeping around for just in case.
· Ricky Barrett younger, left-handed and a good arm, Id like to see what he can do if he stays healthy.
· Tommy Watkins no surprise at all.
· Randy Ruiz a nice story, no position, made an impression, now can he do it at Rochester?
LaVelle says that Keisler and Barrett being sent down means that if the Twins want a second lefty in the bullpen it will be Glen Perkins. Probably true, but I cant help but think Francisco Liriano may fill that role for at least part of the season too.